Saturday 4 April 2009

Cruisecontrol.net update

Well, I have CCNet working and trying to build (but failing) Delphi 2009 code, using MSBuild, good news I found out what was wrong, the bad news was I had to hack the CC.NET source to get this to work.

The cause of the problems was that Delphi 2009 uses the brcc32.exe to build its resources, which is obviously fine, but when the code is downloaded from Surround, it is read-only, so it create lots of .tmp files, all of which are read-only and so can't be written to. I downloaded the CC.NET source and changed the command line that is passed to Surround to checkout the code as read-write, and now the code compilation gets passed this.

However, I am now stuck with MSBuild working from the command line, but not when run from CC.NET. Ho hum, I'm sure I can figure this out as well. Nothing is ever easy!

No comments: